Thursday, August 17, 1961

It was a very nice day today and I had a very happy birthday. This morning kids & I went over to Mom's & watered flowers & dusted roses. At noon, Ron came home with gifts for kids to give me. Jill - a cigarette tray, Todd - a rain bonnet & Joni - a plastic purse. And from Ron - a pearl solitaire ring. I was so surprised & pleased. Nellie was over this afternoon & gave me a trivet hot plate. Marg stopped out & brought Betty Hummel to see our house. We had Marg & Deacon out after work for a drink & tried to talk them into going to Babe's for pizza but Dec was too tired. Ron's folks were out & brought a birthday cake & a pair of pedal pushers, a pair of hose & 3 pr. pants. Mary Ann came out - a birthday book from Jan & Scott & a blouse from Mary Ann & Barron. We had Ken over to stay with kids. We went about 9 to Babe's (Ron & I) & had pizza. Got home about quarter to 12.

1 comment: